Friday 11 December 2020

THE ELF HAS GONE!

 The elf has finally disappeared, I cant possibly think where he has gone but I have to say I am not sorry!!!!!!! He may have gone to help Santa or to the great elf recycling plant in the sky. I do take my hat off to you all for persevering with the elf on the shelf at home haha. As a result of  his departure  the children have done some fantastic work and have  tried really hard in all their learning.  We have learnt about animals that hibernate in the Winter and we have written a recount of what we did at the weekend. In maths we have been exploring doubling and continued to look at odd and even numbers. We even had time to write a letter to Father Christmas.

On Friday we had our Christmas lunch together and enjoyed singing and dancing in the classroom in our own bubble. I am definitely looking forward to the day when we can pop every bubble and become one.

I do believe it is now officially count down time and I am going to be giving the children time to be really creative with lots of fun activities next week. Don't forget it is elf day on Friday so the children can dress up as an elf. I will be wearing my usual take on the theme!!. We will not be having a spelling test next week so there are no spelling to learn, but that does not mean they cant find some words to spell themselves. Maybe try a Christmas spelling quiz with them over the weekend.

Have a great weekend.

Mrs Robinson:)