Friday 4 December 2020

 We have had a busy  week in year 1 with lots of Christmas excitement. The children told me all about the elves that have moved into their homes. I made the unfortunate mistake of inviting one into the classroom without realising that he has to do lots of things when we are not around. I was a little naive to say the least as every morning the children spend 5 minutes debriefing me as to what he has been up to. I am not sure I will be able to keep it up until the end of term!

The children have been working really hard and they are producing some excellent work in their books. We have been learning about predictable phrasing and have used the story of the three little pigs as our focus. The children have written and acted out the story in groups, learning how to act and project their voices. We had lots of big bad wolves.

 In maths we have been learning about one more and one less. We have also started to learn how to double numbers.

Spellings for next week:

List 1                                                   List 2

do                                                        just                                            

now                                                     what

my                                                       like

wish                                                     after


Have a great weekend.

Mrs Robinson:)