Sunday 29 March 2020

Hello Year One,
I am missing all your smiling faces! I hope you have been doing the work I set you. Some of you have been sending me the stories you have written which I have enjoyed reading!
If you want me to look at any of your work or pictures you have created, please send them to me.
I know some of you have had difficulty completing the grapheme recognition tasks, so I am sending one now for either you or someone in your home to copy and mark. 
The sound is e, ea, ee, ie, e-e, y. Be careful as there are some graphemes that look like the sound but do not make the sound.
An enormous elephant stomped through the dusty path. His name was Eddy and he was looking for his friend Pete the python. Eddy had not seen Pete for a few days and felt worried about him. Suddenly a strange creature jumped out of the bushes. He had a huge beak, hairy feet, a big belly and eyes as big as saucers! 
Eddy was scared but pretended not to be. ‘Have you seen Pete?’ he asked the monster. The monster couldn’t speak, but nodded his head. He pointed to a tall tree and Eddy smiled. There was his sweet friend Pete, curled up fast asleep.
I hope you enjoy highlighting the sounds. You can send it back to me when you have completed it.
Take care everyone. I will keep in touch. 
Ms Davis